Whirlwind Weekend

What a weekend we had!  So much going on all at once.  I love the results it’s all producing and look forward to more of a routine, even if only temporarily.

The pieces and parts for Ed’s shop arrived late Friday evening.  Friends and family, although it was a small group, helped both Saturday and Sunday getting the steel up.  It will take a bit for it to be completed.  There was definitely no time wasted this weekend though getting it started.

start of shop

Hank and Houston came home. The first day and night they weren’t sure what was going on.  Hank was fine as long as he had food, water, shade, and attention.  Houston took a little more time but has settled in just fine.  He doesn’t need the attention, and is content with my presence, more so than actually being held.  Hank will probably want to sit in my lap when he’s full grown! By Sunday it all seemed more routine for them.  I love the sound they make, reminding me there are babies around.



Speaking of babies, I got to see my youngest grandchild, which after four grandsons, I have been blessed with the fifth one being a girl.  Little Lakota is a precious little girl who is absolutely beautiful.  I love being able to hold her and kiss on her!Lakota 5-13-17

Little America was showing signs of labor on Sunday.  I checked on her at 10PM and she was fine.  At midnight I got up and looked out the window.  From the distance, it looked like she was uncomfortable, so I got dressed and went out there to stay until she foaled.   She had just foaled right before I got int here and the little one was just trying to stand up.  By the time I took the picture, he was up, she had passed the placenta without an issue and was standing up.  A precious little boy born just after midnight on the 15th.  I named him Jumpin Jaxx, and will go by just Jaxx.  The vet came out and all tests were normal.  Little America was not happy with someone touching her baby.  She is very protective.  She allows me to be around but is still very guarded.  This morning, at one day old, Jaxx took a walk with America in the sunshine.  He was looking around seeing what a big world it is!  I could tell that while America was happy to be out of the barn, she didn’t want out long and called Jaxx to go into the barn where I closed them in for a while.  Food, water, and shelter are all in there and she can lay down and relax as needed.  I’ll let her decide when she wants to freely come and go out of the barn.  She’s not there yet though.


The ducks had time out in the pasture and had fun in the pool.  Well, all but one.  Chuck’s not sure he wants to take the plunge but I’m sure it’s just a matter of time.  This coming weekend they’ll be feathered out enough I can put them with the chickens finally full-time.  Hopefully there aren’t any issues there with being in with them.  If there are, like all things, we’ll adjust and make it work.

ducks intro in pool

I managed to get some mowing, trimming, and even planted a few annuals in a flower stand my oldest son and daughter-in-law purchased for me.  It was all natural wood when I got it, so I gave it a little garden color.  It looks very cute out near the fence line.  Lavender and daisies will grow on each side, framing it in nicely.

Flower pot tree

It’s been a crazy, busy weekend and I’m anxious to get to work and have a regular day to recharge for the next weekend go-round.

Life at mini S ranch is a great place to be!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s